1. The Ideal time to visit as crowds are smaller.
2. Hearst Castle attracts visitors from around the world looking to experience the newspaper magnate’s enviable lifestyle and wonder at his impressive collection of 14th to 17th century fine and decorative European art.
3. San Simeon’s proximity to other charming seaside towns means there are plenty of other events to enjoy.
4. Wine and Dine - If visiting in January, you can save significantly during the ever-popular San Luis Obispo County Restaurant Month.
5. Elephant Seals Galore - Catch a glimpse of the northern elephant seals at Piedras Blancas Rookery, one of only three accessible mainland rookeries in California.
6. Breathtaking Trails and Parks
7. Award-Winning Wines - San Simeon and the surrounding area are home to several award-winning wineries and the renowned regions of Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo.
8. Beautiful Beaches and Parks - Wild and rugged, the unspoiled beaches of San Simeon are among the most beautiful in the state.
9. Coastal Discovery Center - Boost your family’s ocean IQ at the free Coastal Discovery Center, while enjoying fun activities, such as spying marine life from the San Simeon Pier.
10. Ride the Waves Less Traveled - San Simeon is the ultimate spot for those who love to play in the water without a lot of traffic and crowds, from surfing and kayaking to fishing and boating.